Vegas baby!!! What can I say? It’s my second home. I’ve been so many times, I’ve lost count. To think I’ve barely scratched the surface having gone so many times, but there’s just so much to do.
I want to share some of my favorite things to do in Sin City, but first I must send my love to the families that lost someone in the recent shooting. My heart hurts for everyone in Vegas as well as everywhere else that has experienced a similar tragedy. ❤️#VEGASSTRONG ❤️
For those of you who have never visited Las Vegas, I must tell you that you have to visit if once in your lifetime. “The Strip” is quite an adventure in itself, but there are a lot of fun things happening on and off The Strip. You’ll be sure to find a “show” at any given time of day. Using the term ‘show’ very loosely here. 😆
There are endless things to do in Vegas. From concerts and other events, to Cirque du Soleil shows, club parties, tours, and of course the casinos for my gamblers out there.
Speaking of Cirque du Soleil, the Michael Jackson ONE show at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, is absolutely insane! I’ve heard the “O” and “Mystere” shows are amazing as well and plan to see them on my next trip to Vegas.
Each hotel on The Strip has their own unique vibe and pretty much anything you can think of is at your fingertips. Whether you’d want to gamble, shop, grab a drink, have breakfast/lunch/dinner, book a helicopter tour, go to a concert/game/fight, ride a roller coaster, visit a museum or aquarium, or get your romance on while being serenaded on a gondola along the Grand Canal in the Venetian – the things to do are neverending.
Here are some random things I’d like to share to give you an idea of the things to do and hope you’ll check some of them out on your visit:
- High Roller ‘The Linq’ Observation Wheel
- The Mob Museum (Downtown)
- Fremont Street Experience (Downtown)
- Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum
- Pole Position High-Speed Indoor GoKart Racing (Off-Strip)
- Fountain Show at the Bellagio
- Pirate Show at Treasure Island
- Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
- Cirque de Soleil (any show)
- Red Rock Canyon
- Neon Sign Museum
- Hoover Dam
- Thrill rides atop the The Stratosphere (Big Shot, Insanity, X Scream)
- The Big Apple Coaster and Arcade at New York New York
- SlotZilla Zip Line (Downtown)
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks Show on The Strip
I can go on and on, but for all my foodies out there, here are some popular spots to check out to get your grub on:
- Yardbird Southern Table & Bar at the Venetian and Palazzo (Southern Cuisine)
- Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab at Caesar’s Palace (Seafood)
- Le Thai – Downtown Fremont Street (Thai)
- Tetsu at Aria Hotel & Casino (Japanese)
- SINATRA at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas (Italian)
- Le Cirque at the Bellagio (French Cuisine)
- Top of the World at the Stratosphere (360 degree view of Las Vegas)
The cool thing about most restaurants in Vegas is that you can make reservations via OpenTable.com so you don’t have to wait when you arrive and if you have an Mlife card, you can earn points and discounts in the Mlife Rewards program if you stay, dine, shop, purchase show tickets, etc. at any of MGM-affilated establishments.
You can always catch a great event at T-Mobile Arena, like a concert, hockey or basketball game, UFC match, etc; or shop at Fashion Show Mall or any of the luxury retailers inside various hotels along The Strip.
One of my most fondest memories was at the Lion Exhibit at the MGM Grand where I met a young cub named Bo. He was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. And oh so soft! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Bo gave me the most awesome birthday gift ever…..an awesome photo! Even the photographer was surprised at how well it came out. During my last visit to Vegas, I was hoping to revisit the exhibit and see how big Bo had grown, but sadly I was told the Lion Exhibit was retired in 2012, so I was pretty bummed not being able to see the lions again, but still happy I was able to experience it, even if only once.
Here are some random photos from various trips to Sin City.